Sunday, September 09, 2007

3 weeks later

So, summer is drawing to a close. I stubbornly refuse to say that Labor Day is the end of summer, especially here in the Northwest. Actually, September is one of my favorite summer months on the West Coast because there aren't usually many 90 degree days anymore yet the winter rains haven't really started yet.

September is a month I have been very much looking forward to for another reason. I can now say that I am 12 weeks pregnant! Yay! I'm due at the end of March and I can hardly wait to find out what we are having (which should happen sometime in November) This is news that I am so excited to be able to share...it's been weird to avoid talking/writing about it, as it had been a very present, front of my mind kind of thing for the last 8 weeks.

It has been a very different first trimester that I had with Will in most ways. There were the same scary complications for the first few weeks, but they have for the most part resolved themselves in a similar fashion. The main difference is that I have been SOOO sick this time around. With Will I threw up maybe 2-3 times total...this time I am pretty sure I am averaging about 2 times a day. Dude, I even threw up in a grocery store (I made it to the bathroom at least). But, as of this weekend I am starting to possibly feel a tiny little bit more human as I round out of the first trimester and head into the second.

In fact, I am starting to feel so much more human that we took an adventure up to the Mountain yesterday with Will. I had never been to Timberline and it was a beautiful morning, so we packed up in the car and took off for the day. Will of course lost his mind at actually being on the mountain that we see all the time and spent most of the morning yelling at us that "MAMA! DADA! WE'RE ONNA MOUNTAIN! LOOK!" and singing "The Bear went over the Mountain" while making his stuffed polar bear dance along. It was a wonderful, amazing day that has imprinted onto my brain as one of THOSE days. You know, where everything is just where it is supposed to be at that moment, and you recognize that you are just happy at the exact moment that you are happy instead of after the fact? Yep, one of those days, and I couldn't be happier. (I'll post some pics soon)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yay for you all!

And for Will, he gets to be a BIG BROTHER! I hope that he never loses talking in all caps, because seriously, that is just the sweetest thing.