Sunday, March 30, 2008

4 things at 5 am

I got this in an email from Kari, and while I never really do these it was fun reading Kari's responses...even knowing her as well as I do. So, I thought I would answer some questions and it would make a fun post.

Four things about me that you may or may not know in any particular order.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. front desk person at my freshman dorm. I was supposed to ask people to open their bags if I suspected they were smuggling in beer. We were told to suspect said beer smuggling if their bag was oddly square shape. Cause only freshman would try and sneak in a case of beer and not remove the cans from their tell-tale packaging.
2. manager of an Aveda salon and spa
3. sales clerk at Express (women's clothes) at the Mall of America
4. Music Theory T.A. and tutor

Four movies I would watch over and over
1. Moulin Rouge
2. Finding Nemo (out of all of Will's movie obsessions, this is the only one I haven't gotten tired of)
3. Ocean's 11, I am a total sucker for heist movies
4. Once

Four places I have lived:
1. Livonia, MI
2. St. Louis
3. Northfield, MN
4. Colorado Springs

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Lost
2. ANTM
3. First 48
4. House Hunters

Four places I have been
1. Savannah
2. Cairns, Australia
3. The Badlands
4. Toronto

Four People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Aggie
2. Kari
3. Sarah
4. My In-laws

Four favorite things to eat:
1. Sushi - especially Albacore nigiri
2. Pepperoni Pizza from the Italian Pie Shoppe in St. Paul (followed closely by the Gyro pizza from Bill's/Basil's in Northfield)
3. Flank Steak, Aggie's mashed taters and mozzarella/tomato salad. We make this meal every year to welcome/say goodbye to summer
4. sandwiches - it's a tie between New Seasons and Jimmy John's

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Sleeping in my bed
2. Lahaina, Hawaii.
3. Twin Cities (I miss my people there)
4. In my bed sleeping. Did I mention how nice it would be to be sleeping? On my bed and not in a recliner in 45 minute bursts with my 5-week-old?

Four friends I think will/should respond on their blogs:
1. Kari (I know I got this email from her but I still think she should post her answers)
2. Kimberly
3. Peter (just because it's the same site doesn't mean I don't want to hear both of your answers
4. Kate (whose new blog I really like by the way)

Four Things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Summer
2. Sleeping again someday
3. Going on a mini-vacation with my parents
4. Going to MN for Christmas

So, tell me some about you...

also, one more thing you should know about me is that due to 5-week-old mentioned above I am mastering the art of typing one-handed. In fact, this whole post was done in that fashion. Fancy, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Sample lady at the grocery store.
2. deli-clerk
3. French teacher/cam counselor
4. seller of expensive pots and pans

Four movies I would watch over and over
1. Goonies
2. Lost in Translation
3. Rear Window
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark (LOVE Indiana Jones)

Four places I have lived:
1. Saint Paul, MN
2. Duluth, MN
3. Oxford UK (only for about 3 months)
4. Monterey CA
5. I wish I could live in Portland

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Reruns of scrubs
2. CSI
3. CBS Sunday morning
4. Top Chef

Four places I have been
1. Austin, MN
2. Portland OR
3. Paris
4. Island of Jersey UK

Four People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Emily
2. Dante
3. My boss
4. My dad

Four favorite things to eat:
1. Sushi all kinds
2. Chicago Mix popcorn from Candyland
3. Hot Tamales
4. Grilled Cheese

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Sleeping in my bed (ditto)
2. Portland (I need to meet Henry)
3. Chaska to play Thomas with Lucas and drink wine with Chrissa
4. Camp?

Four friends I think will/should respond on their blogs:
Cant anser this one. I just read others blogs

Four Things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Summer
2. Lac Du Bois reunion
3. Chriss & Anna's wedding
4. Seeing Emily and the boys at Christmas but hopefully if all the stars align before that.

Kate said...

I have a cousin in Livonia. Yes, I realize that isn't very interesting. I'm just saying...

Thanks for the link to my blog, you've sent some readers my way. :) And I'm returning the favor today.