Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.

I feel whiny. It's not like I got stranded on an Camel safari, or am starting to teach an AP class for the first time or am moving halfway across the country. I am just working and being a mom, and I am feeling overwhelmed. Right now my work is kind of crazy. And it will be for the next couple of months until this project is over. And honestly, it is really hard being a working mom when work is this stressful. I mean, I know. Duh, right? It's just that someone NEEDS from me, like, 24 hours a day. It's trackers and sippy cups and books and meetings and cubed ham and numbers and nightmare soothing and it is starting to overwhelm me. Christ, trying to decide what I want to eat for breakfast these days overwhelms me.
But the thing is, other than maybe wanting this work stress to dial back a bit, all the things that are causing the overwhelmedness are things that are good. I really have nothing to complain about - I mean, I actually really like my job most of the time, and Little Man and Dan are about the best ever. Hence the feeling whiny...and kind of dramatic. I'm glad to have the long weekend and my trip to MN coming up. I think a little time to regroup with the family this weekend and then a stay at my parent's house where I get to let my mom baby me a little might be just what I need.

No comments: