Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bubbles

To say that my son can be focused...it's putting mildly really. Since he was a baby, he has shown a tendency to, well, obsess. His current obsessions? Outside and Bubbles. This child would live entirely outside if we would let him. And the bubbles...Dinner Will? No, that's ok. I've got my bubbles, I'm all good. Time for bed? No mom, I think I'm just going to hang out here with my bubbles. See, bubbles and me, we've got a good thing going here and I don't think I really want to ruin that with sleep. At least that's kind of what I think he means when he starts the purple-faced yelling with some more yelling when we try to convince him that maybe some food, drink or sleep might be needed in order to keep blowing the bubbles.

That is one of the reasons this memorial day was so perfect. We spent in Kari and Andrew's backyard, which is the perfect backyard for hanging out with Will in its fenced-in, perfect lawn-ness. Our wonderful hosts fired up the grill, we all drank some beer and let our son blow bubbles all day long. Here are a couple of Will with some of his favorite people in the world on an absolutely wonderful day:


Will and Kari blow bubbles


Will and Andrew Bubbles

And one where I caught a bubble and get all artsy:

World in a bubble

No comments: