Monday, November 26, 2007

State of the Union

First, let me start by saying that Thanksgiving this year was wonderful. Absolutely fantastic. We ended up with 16 for dinner and people brought some of the best food we have had yet. We deep-fried one turkey and rotisserie-ed the other – both were fantastic. We missed Aggie and Becca, but I again represented with the Mashed Taters and artichoke dip and all the newcomers this year know where these recipes come from. Now, here is a little of what is going on in our house:

Dan – is feeling well these days. He seems to be fully recovered from the surgery now and we are starting to adjust to what this plan of attack means to our daily lives. He has another Big Monthly Appointment this week with all the scans and tests – in the long run, it really is reassuring knowing how closely this is all getting watched.

Will – he is such a three-year-old. We are trying our second attempt to potty train which is an adventure in itself. I have a hard time writing about him these days because it seems like every story we have about him is a little saccharinely sweet. You know? He is at a really fun age for language development and life seems to follow almost every “You know you have a preschooler when…” list that has ever been written so I don’t really have much to add. The thing about him, through all the ups and downs and three-year-old-ness, is he is just a really good kid. I was talking to a friend recently who hadn’t seen him in a while and she gave me about the best compliment anyone could when it comes to him…she told me saw a happy and secure little boy. Of course I am slightly panicked about what we are about to do to him by introducing a whole new factor of “the sibling” into his life, and how to teach him about the dynamics of that whole new relationship, but hey one step at a time.

Me – I am doing well. I am at a great point in the pregnancy where the morning sickness and fatigue is now totally gone, I’m not so big that I’m uncomfortable, I can eat fruit and vegetables again and I can feel the baby move each and every day (many times a day – he’s a lively one). Work is going well – very busy, but there have been new challenges that I have been given and been able to “rise to” as it were, so that always feels good too.

And that, my friends, is the current state of affairs around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you lots and lots. I am coming out this summer after the baby is born!