Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's raining I think

So much to say, but not really anything new at all. That's the place I seem to find myself in these days. I have started so many posts with updates as to what is going on, but sooner or later every post I started ended up being about The Cancer. And it was starting to piss me off. (at The Cancer, I was getting pissed off at Cancer) Because, there are other things that have happened in the last 3 weeks, I'm quite sure of it...but everything is still under The Cancer umbrella. The big, stupid Cancer umbrella.

Speaking of umbrellas, Due the the weather out here in the sunny NW, Will's new obsession is rain gear. We stopped at the store one night on our way home from school because for the 10 minutes prior he had been telling me how much he needed a gumbrella from the store. And since these days I am a total sucker, we stopped and got a new gumbrella. And for the last 12 days that gumbrella is talked about at least 10 times in every car ride and must go with us everywhere. It also must sleep next to Will's bed in case it starts raining in the middle of the night and there is a gumbrella emergency. Then he will be prepared with the staying dry. because of the gumbrella. next to his bed.

Christmas this year came and went. My parents came out and we had an early christmas with them (St. Nicholas day) and they got our house all decorated for the holidays...because lord knows if they hadn't there is no way I would have had the energy to do it. Christmas week was..interesting. With Dan's entire family here there was 4 family events in the 4 days leading up to Christmas. The smallest being 9, the largest being like 40. And because of The Cancer, Dan couldn't go to these events so I took Will by myself. Now, his family is amazing and I am so lucky that I married into them and they have been an incredible help with Will...but it was a lot of event-ing to do on my own. It just felt very, I don't know, obvious that Dan was missing...and it made me sad and honestly a little unsettled to be with his family without him.

One piece of good news - we got some preliminary test results back on Dan's blood work on Christmas eve and the tumor markers have been falling really well. Early signs are that the chemo seems to be doing what we hoped it would doing. So, while the road is still hard...at least it feels like we are headed the right direction.

So, you see? The Cancer takes over the post anyway. But I don't feel like ending it there. So here is a picture of Will enjoying Christmas - seriously, how can this not make you happy?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Will & Lucas have the same smile right now. So cute. Happy New Year my favorite family.