Monday, March 20, 2006

Hats

My son is currently obsessed with hats. Both real hats and anything he can balance on his head and call a hat. I blame Kari - she started this all with some balancing blocks on your head game when Will was about 6 months old. Every single time she comes over, he goes over to his fabric blocks and tries to reach up to put one on her head.

In the bathtub he has a plastic goldfish that he balances on his head, makes a fish face and then says "hat" over and over again until you commend him on his word usage, "That's right Will, Hat". He also has a set of plastic bowls that he likes to wear as hats...He also likes to chase his parents around yelling "Hat, hat!" until we put the bowl on our heads as a hat too.

My favorite though is a game his father made up called, appropriately, the Hat Game. This is where Will puts his winter hat on top of your head and you talk in a silly voice until he takes it off again. This cycle is repeated about 100 times before he tires of it. I realize, this doesn't really translate very well into the Blogosphere. You will have to trust me though, there is really nothing funnier (or more touching) than hearing your husband say "Oh my goodness, this hat is the best. I love this hat so much, it is just the greatest!" in a high falsetto about 100 times a day just to make his little boy erupt into fits of laughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious to me because over Thanksgiving last year we couldn't get him to keep a hat on his head. He HATED them. Love you Will! I am still trying to come up with a good nickname for you since Otter didn't stick.