Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Next thing I know, it'll be the car keys

So Will and I were playing catch with a small ball the other day. I was being a mean mama and pretending to throw the ball and then hiding it behind my back. One time, I put it under my chin and pretended I couldn't find it. This was not acceptable to Little Man and he came over and tried to grab it away. When I wouldn't let him, he walked over to his toy box and came back with Monkey and said "Hug?" with his arms out.

(To briefly explain, he has a stuffed monkey puppet that he will bring up to us so that we can put it on our hands and have the monkey give him a hug. It's super cute because he puts both of his arms around it and goes "Awwww" when giving said hug)

So, being a sucker for cuteness, I drop the ball from under my chin into my lap and reach for the monkey. In that brief second, he throws the monkey at me, grabs the ball from my lap and goes running across the room giggling maniacally.

Yep, I got schooled by an 18 month old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats my kind of kid. I swear I didn't teach him that.

Anonymous said...

Really, what you mean is Will was saying "ug?" which is even cuter than "hug?". And really, the potential sight of Will hugging and patting the monkey as he says "awwww" is good enough to be schooled for... :)