Monday, April 23, 2007

sleep

So I see a pattern starting to emerge. Just like last week, I didn't so much sleep on Friday night. I stayed up watching my "stories" and playing around on YouTube. Until Three. Will woke up at five. Yay! We then went on an awesome picnic to wine country. Just as a side note, the Midwestern in me still gets such a kick out of saying shit like "I just took a quick jaunt over to wine country" because that's the sort of thing people in romance novels and Lifetime movies say (the 'finding a true/second love' romantic Lifetime movies, not the 'runaway teen/battered spouse' Lifetime movies). In any case, went to wine country. Will decided that this was a day he did not need to sleep. Ever. Skipped his nap and stayed up until 8:00 that night. He talked about our picnic for the rest of the day...with no nap.

Now, you would think that, hey! Since I didn't get any sleep on Friday night, I should do something about that for Saturday So I got a little more sleep...like 5 1/2 hours. And then last night? again with the no sleep. I think I got 4 hours or so. So, awesome.

Today? I almost cried a few times just from the tired. And I think I fell asleep in the bathroom for a couple of minutes. I wasn't actually going to the bathroom at the time, I was just looking for someplace that was quiet for a few minutes. Tonight I am going to a fancy-pants reception/Q&A session with the Superintendent of Schools with my mother-in-law, who said when I asked her what I should wear "Oh you know, whatever you wore to work today will be fine honey. You know, no jeans or anything". Um, somehow I think the old jeans/hoodie sweater/ponytail/no makeup look I'm rocking at work today isn't quite what she had in mind. So I have to go home and get myself all gussied up. And then when I get home tonight? Totally working on this whole sleep thing. I hear it's pretty cool.

No comments: