Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nana and Papa come to visit Photoblog 8.12

So one good thing, wait, one thing that didn't totally suck, about the whole Cancer umbrella was that my parents became this beacon of support for us. Now, that isn't to say that they haven't always been supportive. Because they have...except for that one time I was 15 and was SURE they were trying to ruin my life by not really wanting me to go out with this super cute junior(totally won that argument by the way)...anyway, I digress.
Facing something like we did is hard on the people who want to help. People have a hard time knowing what to do, what do say. I did, and I was living it. We were incredibly lucky to be surrounded by an abundance of people who did and said amazing things. But my parents? They came out and were here, living in the trenches with us. They came for Dan's first week of Chemo and my mom came out for almost 2 1/2 weeks during his last round when I was 8 months pregnant. They came out after Henry was born and Dan was still feeling all of the physical repercussions of just being one month out of chemo and I was so, so tired yet completely unable to sleep. My mom has sat up with me at 2:00am countless times in the last 9 months talking to me, distracting me from my anxiety, keeping me company when I felt alone.
So, the good thing that came out of it, yes, back to the good. They got to spend so much time with Will. I know it is hard on them that they are not here to be part of his day-to-day, but in this last year they were a very strong presence in his life.
So, in June they came out and we wanted to get out of town, to just be away from all the stress and anxiety of this last year. We rented a place at the beach - Mom and Dad took Will a day early for some special time. It was good - we laughed, a lot. Here are some of my favorites, and as always, link here: Photoblog 8.12

Nana and Baby

Will blue ocean

Protecting their space

No comments: